Friday, August 17, 2007

Client Testimonials


I have been doing aerobics, yoga and Pilates for what seems like forever, but I’ve never actually enjoyed it. I did it because I felt like I had to. My attitude slowly changed, however, when I began classes with Samra Savioz. After the first few classes I actually began to enjoy myself, and when I had to miss a class for work-related travel, I was actually disappointed. In the past, I used to be relieved.
Samra has inspired me to feel good about testing my will and my drive, and to look forward to doing so. I still enjoy classes with her moreso than without, but I look at it in an entirely different way. She has enabled me to realize that my mind is just as important to staying fit as my body.
Heather DeFazio, Pharmacist, Pittsburgh PA


My name is Teresa Leonardo. I work for Pfizer as a Therapeutic Specialty Representative. I live a busy schedule on the road, in and out of hospitals in Western PA, eating far too many breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Throughout my 10 years in my career, and entering my forties, I gained weight and lost muscle tone. I failed many diets and exercise routines because I never consistently made the time nor did I understand the essentials of an exercise program that could be designed for me personally. When I asked the YMCA about their personal fitness trainers, Samra Savioz was highly recommended by the staff at the Franklin Park YMCA. I told the staff I didn’t want just any trainer. I wanted a trainer, with what I described as the “Dr. Phil” approach, be straight up with me but also have some understanding of my busy lifestyle and show me how to incorporate exercise and better eating habits into my daily life so that I can both meet and sustain a healthy weight and greater muscle tone. And, that was exactly what I got from Samra as my personal trainer. Although there were times that I said “I can’t do that”, she always said, “Yes you can” and through the course of time that we spent together, I did do those things, running miles, lifting and holding weight as I never did or could before. Samra ran with me, stretched with me, lifted along side me encouraging me along my journey of a healthier lifestyle. Samra’s commitment to helping me achieve a healthier diet and exercise goals that meet my needs and goals has given me the motivation I needed to make time for a healthier well-being. I am most thankful for knowing Samra Savioz.

I HAVE KNOWN SAMRA SAVIOZ FOR ABOUT SEVEN YEARS. SHE HAS GIVEN ENCOURAGEMENTAND INSPIRATION TO MANY THROUGH HER OWN HARD WORK AND ABILITY TO RISE ABOVE LIFE'S MANY DIFFICULTIES. SHE IS A GREAT EXAMPLE FOR WOMEN WHO WANT TO ACHIEVE AND MAINTAIN PHYSICAL STRENGTH AND HEALTH . SAMRA HAS A CONSISTENT AND CONSIDERATE STYLE TO HER MOTIVATIONAL STRATEGIES. WE WISH HER LUCK! SUE HOLLERAN M ed. RETIRED EDUCATOR


I’m a full time physician and mother of a 4-year-old child. I’ve gained 30 pounds after my pregnancy in a very short period of time. Because of my very busy schedule and long working hours, I needed someone to help me to get in shape and be healthy again. I was very lucky to find Sam last year. Because of her knowledge of exercise and her ability to motivate me to work at the top level, I was able to lose 30 pounds in 1 year. She is very flexible with her schedule, which is very important to me. As a physician I have some knowledge about nutrition, but I was amazed how knowledgeable she is in that area. I’m constantly surprised with the different exercise programs at each session and with her wonderful personality that keeps our workout enjoyable. Thanks to Sam, I’m a very happy person again.
Sanja D., M.D., Ph.D.


Samra (Sam) has been my personal trainer and I found it a privilege to work with her. Sam is very knowledgable, creative and resourceful. I had a few challenges when I worked with her and she, on her own time, found special exercises that worked for me and helped me get stronger. Sam helped me get my body in good working order so I can live my life to the fullest and go out into the community and do my work. I support her nomination for the SWPA woman "Who is Leveling the Playing Field!"
Connie Mockenhaupt
Community Volunteer


Samra Savioz not only transforms her clients' outer apperances, she changes their minds. Through her uplifting and unfaltering attitude she boosts self-confidence levels and instills discipline helping people to reach their goals, while becoming the person they have always wanted to be inside and out. - Amanda S.F. Hartle, journalist.

My 2007 New Year’s resolution was to finally lose the weight I had been struggling to take off after the birth of my second child and ultimately become more toned and sculpted. So in keeping with that resolution, my husband purchased personal training sessions at the YMCA to assist me in my efforts. It was then I first formally met Samra Savioz. Prior to that, I didn’t really know Sam, however I had taken a few of the classes she instructed and found them all to be challenging, entertaining and enjoyable. But after our first personal training session together, I was immediately impressed by her thorough fitness assessment and evaluation of me, as well as, her knowledge and insight for her profession.

I thought I had an adequate understanding of how to properly monitor my daily food intake with a points tracking system and how to correctly employ the traditional exercise methods I learned from my collection of fitness DVD’s. But Sam “set the record straight” for me and clearly redefined and taught me about proper nutrition and appropriate exercise instruction, always going above and beyond all of my expectations. She made herself readily available to answer my many questions and always took the time to fully explain whenever I needed clarification. Sam was always very honest and upfront in her approach, and her commitment to helping me achieve my goals was both sincere and unwavering.

After working with Sam for five months, I lost 25 pounds and achieved strength and muscle definition. I followed her guidelines closely and worked extremely hard to achieve my goal, but it was really Sam’s passion, encouragement and motivation that inspired me to persevere and empowered me to believe in myself. Not only was this paramount to my goal attainment, but it was also something I didn’t expect when I initially signed up for personal training sessions with her. Sam is incredibly talented and truly exceptional in her field. I feel so very fortunate to have trained with her and to have benefited so greatly from her expertise. She has impacted my life in such a positive way, and I truly credit her with my success! -Ke
rry Schurman M.Ed.

I have been working with Samra for about seven months. I have significantly improved my level of physical fitness and had a significant weight loss. I feel more energetic, feel better about my appearance, and feel better about myself. Samra has provided me with her expertise, encouragement, and moral support, I do not think I could have accomplished so much without her help.
Rochelle Rosen, M.D.
*(Has lost over 60 pounds!)

No comments: